SeaWind III - flexible and ergonomic
Comfortable suit for demanding conditions. Designed with focus on ergonomy, weight and comfort without compromise. SeaWind has been certified by SOLAS, ISO and EASA (triple certified). As such it has been approved for most any demanding work situation. No other survival suit can claim to be suitable for such a wide range of applications as the SeaWind concept. The suit is approved for work, shipping and helicopter transport. To achieve the helicopter transport approval, the suit is fitted with a thermal lining, and it must be worn with a SeaLion Europe life-jacket.
Its many details, great flexibility and wide range of applications makes this Norwegian made suit from Hansen Protection the first choice for many occupational groups and professionals, not least for use in the demanding conditions that is part of the service and maintenance of wind turbines and offshore oil & gas installations.
- Ergonomic – Y-construction with maximum freedom of movement
- Breathability – durable fabrics with highly breathable properties from GoreTex
- Lightweight – made as a shell suit to reduce weight
- Ventilation – adjustable neck-seal to enhance ventilation in non-exposed situations
- Pockets - roomy pockets
- For easy integration with safety equipment such as harness and/or life-jacket, the suit is “clean” on both chest and back
- Diagonal front zip in soft
- Cuff-cover on sleeves
- Gaiter on lower legs with roomy pockets
- Pockets – roomy pockets constructed with mesh to enhance the breathable properties of the fabric, placed to ensure ease of access
- Must be used with a lifejacket approved for the user area
- For easy integration with safety equipment such as harness and/or SeaLion lifejacket, the suit is “clean” on both chest and back
- The suit fulfills the requirements of the IMO/Solas LSA code as an uninsulated (1 hour) suit, and ISO 15027-1 as a Class D immersion/quick donning suit (without lining)
- SeaWind III fulfills the requirements for a Class B suit (4 hours thermal protection) according to ISO 15027 and also ETSO regulations (when used with a lining).
- Type of suit
- Work suit
- Area of application
- GoreTex Pazifik 3L, FR according to EASA ETSO
- Yes, thermal insulation short (zip-in)
- Main zipper type
- Soft PU/plastic with teeth, closed
- Neck seal
- Neoprene adjustable
- Fit / Ergonomics
- Articulated knees
Sleeves constructed in Y-shape for mobility
- 290 Orange
- Reflective material
- IMO Solas
- Pocket(s) on lower leg
Pocket ID - in credit-card size, made in transparent PVC
- Detachable neoprene, in back pocket
- 5-finger neoprene in sleeve pocket
- Attachment for accessories
- Velcro for name-tag/other ID
- Boots / socks
- Boot gaitor
- Yes, with room for knee pad
- Reinforcement knee
- Additional layer of reinforcement material
- Wrist seal
- Neoprene, with protective outer cuffs
- Braces (elastic adjustable)
- Exhaust valve, automatic
- Yes, ETSO with ETSO lifejacket
Yes, IMO with IMO lifejacket
Yes, ISO with ISO lifejacket
- Thermal protection with lining/inherent insulation
- 4 hours (ISO 2012 Class B less than 2°C watertemp)
- Thermal protection without lining/inherent insulation
- 1 hour (IMO/Solas less than 5°C watertemp)
1 hour (ISO 2002 Class D less than 5°C watertemp)
2 hours (ISO 2012 Class D less than 10°C watertemp)
- Service interval (standard)
- 1 year (ETSO personal suit)
3 year (IMO/Solas)
- Certifications ETSO
- ETSO 2C503 (Helicopter flight suit)
- Certifications SOLAS suit (w/o integral buoyancy)
- Solas MED/1.5a (without inherent insulation)
- Certifications ISO
- ISO 15027-1 Constant wear suit, thermal class B
ISO 15027-1 Constant wear suit, thermal class D
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.
You might also like