Polar Suit Borge Ousland
Most of what we produce is developed in close cooperation with users. We manufacture suits for many different purposes and can modify and customize suits according to special needs and requirements. Norwegian arctic explorer Børge Ousland extensively tested a customized version of our SeaPass passenger suit during his polar expedition from Cape Arktichesky in Siberia to Ward Hunt Canada. The journey was 1,744 km. He used the suit on 23 occasions during his trip. That’s why we call it the Polar Suit and make it to order.
- All rescue and safety equipment is tested thoroughly and tried out under controlled conditions. This means either tests performed in a laboratory, or simulated situations.
- The most important thing of all, both for us as the manufacturer and not least for the users of our products is that the equipment functions as it should when it really matters. There is no other way of confirming this than by trying out the equipment in its proper element.
- Børge Ousland “extreme tested” a specially adapted version of our passenger suit SeaPass on his expedition from Cape Arktichevsky in Siberia to Ward Hunt Canada. This is a distance of 1,744 km. The suit was put to use 23 times during the course of the trip.
- Type of suit
- Special suit
- Area of application
- Polar expeditions
- PU-coated Nylon/Oxford 2L, FR to EASA ETSO requirements
- Main zipper type
- Soft non-waterproof zipper, with wide gusset underneath for sealing
- Fit / Ergonomics
- Integral, in suit material
- 3-finger gloves with watertight zip
- Boots / socks
- Socks in suit material - equipped with sole fitting Kandahar ski binding
- Service interval (standard)
- When needed
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.