SeaAir Barents EBS
SeaAir Barents EBS is a further development of our widely acclaimed SeaAir1 survival suit that received the Award for Design Excellence from the Norwegian Design Council in 2008. It is our most advanced suit and has an IMO SOLAS 6-hour certification. The suit is intended for helicopter transport of personnel to and from offshore oil fields in Arctic waters. The suit is packed with safety features such as Cat A emergency breathing system, emergency personal locator beacon (PLB), sprayhood for face protection, emergency light, buddy line, etc. The suit is designed to be used without a lifejacket and it is possible to top up the level of inflation manually for increased comfort and freeboard. An “intelligent” lining fabric stabilize the inside temperature of the suit and reduces body heat significantly. SeaAir Barents EBS is used by personnel transported to and from oil installations several locations.
- The only integrated helicopter passenger suit on the market, no extra lifejacket required
- Triple certification; EASA ETSO + IMO Solas + Norwegian Maritime Direcorate
- For offshore, helicopter transport and as a personal abandonment suit on installations
- Good fit, insulated, temperature regulating material in lining
- Prepared for integration of Cat A EBS (SeaAir EBS MkI)
- Waterproof, flame retardant fabric
- Approved emergency light, buddy line, integrated lifting strap and open collar for rescue
- Insulated three finger gloves with waterproof zipper and inside cuffs with pulse warmer
- Integrated manually inflatable buoyancy lung in collar for freeboard and comfort in the sea
- Prepared for NMD-approved automatic self-righting system
- Designed for optimized comfort while seated
Adjustments from SeaAir1
- Skin guard on zipper top in neck seal to prevent the zipper slider from scratching the skin
- Lining with new socks to increase thermal protection
- Gloves in new material and longer wrist cuffs improves thermal protection
- Color of gloves and hood changed to orange for improved visibility
- Pocket with light on left glove to improve visibility and orientation in the dark
- Color of webbing-loops for buddy hook and deployment web in sprayhood changed to yellow for improved visibility
- Relocation of reflective patches for improved visibility when immersed
- Wire in sprayhood for better grip
- New storage position for buddy line hook for easier access
- Buddy hook re-designed - for easy handling in emergecy
SeaAir - The most "intelligent" surival suit - ever!
SeaAir Barents is a further development of our SeaAir1 Helicopter Passenger Survival Suit designed to meet conditions in Arctic waters.
HPL-2 Personal Locator Beacon
Previous tracking transmitters used by offshore oil workers have only transmitted signals on the 121.5 MHz (VHF) emergency wave band that only rescue helicopters and rescue boats could pick up. The new HPL-2 includes also transmission of the exact GPS-position through the widely used AIS-system. HPL-2 utilise satelites in both the US GPS network and the russian GLONASS network. With both systems active, a more precise positioning is secured, especially north of the polar circle.
SeaAir CA EBS Emergency Breathing System
Its capability to withstand freezing temperatures, a design that enables breathing to start under water, its unique nose clip and are all factors that combined have resulted in CAA-UK approval for SeaAir CA EBS for use in helicopter transport to and from oil rigs.
- Area of application
- Helikopter passenger
- PU-coated Nylon/Oxford 2L, FR to EASA ETSO requirements
- Yes, inherent buoyancy (zip-in) in 3mm soft foam with closed cells
- Main zipper type
- Polyurethane/plastic spiral, open
- Fit / Ergonomics
- 290 Orange
- Reflective material
- IMO Solas
- Integrated pocket for Cat A EBS according to CAP 1034
- Integral, in neoprene
- 3-finger gloves with watertight zip
- Lifting becket/loop
- Yes, with D-ring and carbine hook in stainless steel
- Inflation valve for buoyancy
- Manual inflation valve for extra bladder in collar
- Prepared for integration of HPL-2 with antenna bracket on suit
- Buddy line
- Yes, with floating carbine hook
- Emergency light
- IMO Solas, water activated
- Boots / socks
- Neoprene boots
- Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
- Compressed air Cat A SeaAir EBS (sold separately)
- Thermal protection with lining/inherent insulation
- 6 hours (IMO/Solas less than 2°C watertemp)
- Service interval (standard)
- 1 year (ETSO personal suit)
- Certifications ETSO
- ETSO 2C502 (Integrated helicopter flight suit)
- Other certifications
- CAA-UK CAP 1034
NMD Regulation 02 Feb 2016 No. 90 (Self righting)
- Certifications SOLAS-suit (w/integral buoyancy)
- Solas MED/1.6b (with inherent insulation - to be worn without lifejacket)
- Type of suit
- Helicopter passenger transport suit
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.
You might also like