SeaAir Barents 2 is our most advanced helicopter passenger transit suit. The suit is a further development of SeaAir1, which was honoured the Award for Design Excellence by Norwegian Design Council when it was launched. The suit is developed for helicopter transport over cold waters and have 6 hours Solas-approval (in addition to ETSO-approval)
Prepared for optional integration av emergency breathing systems, HP ERBS/air pocket and SeaAir EBS with compressed air.
SeaAir Barents 2
Further development of SeaAir1. SeaAir Barents 2 have an option for integration of alternative emergency breathing systems, both Cat A and Cat B systems according to CAA-UK's CAP 1034. You have a choice emergency breathing systems HP ERBS (air pocket) and SeaAir EBS with compressed air. The SeaAir EBS-concept consists of two systems; - SeaAir EBS with 80 litres air and the considerably more lightweight SeaAir EBS II with 58 litres air. The SeaAir EBS-concept is purchased with Hansen Protection.
The suit is loaded with safety features as integrated emergency breathing systems (according to choice), antenna-module for personal locator beacon (HPL-2), sprayhood, emergency light, safety line with floating buddy hook, lifting strap ++. The suit is used without lifejacket, and have an integrated bladder in collar for inflation of air; - provides improved floating position and freeboard. SeaAir Barents 2 is per 2019 in use on the Norwegian and Danish continental shelf.
- The only integrated helicopter passenger suit on the market, no extra lifejacket required
- Triple certification; EASA ETSO + IMO Solas + Norwegian Maritime Direcorate
- For offshore, helicopter transport and as a personal abandonment suit on installations
- Excellent ergonomic construction and fit
- Insulated, with temperature regulating material in lining (provided with advanced phase change material)
- Zip-in pocket for Cat A CA EBS (SeaAir EBS I/II) or HP ERBS Emergency re-breather (Cat B)
- Outer layer of 100% waterproof, flame retardant fabric
- Approved emergency light, buddy line, integrated lifting strap and open collar for rescue
- Insulated three finger gloves with waterproof zipper and inside cuffs with pulse warmer
- Antenna-module with bracket for mounting of Personal Locator Beacon HPL-1
- Integrated manually inflatable buoyancy lung in collar for freeboard and comfort in the sea
- Designed for optimized comfort while seated
- Prepared for NMD-approved automatic self-righting system for use on MODU's
- Yellow colour for visibility
- Skin guard on zipper top in neck seal to prevent the zipper slider from scratching the skin
- New boots with better insulation and grip
- Lining with new socks to increase thermal protection
- Gloves in new material and longer wrist cuffs improves thermal protection
- Light pocket with light on left glove to improve visibility and orientation in the dark
- Relocation of reflective patches for improved visibility when immersed
- Wire in sprayhood for better grip and easier mounting in rough waves
- New storage position for buddy line hook for easier access
- Buddy hook re-designed - for easy handling in emergency
SeaAir - The most "intelligent" surival suit - ever!
SeaAir Barents is a further development of our SeaAir1 Helicopter Passenger Survival Suit designed to meet conditions in Arctic waters.
HPL-2 Personal Locator Beacon
Previous tracking transmitters used by offshore oil workers have only transmitted signals on the 121.5 MHz (VHF) emergency wave band that only rescue helicopters and rescue boats could pick up. The new HPL-2 includes also transmission of the exact GPS-position through the widely used AIS-system. HPL-2 utilise satelites in both the US GPS network and the russian GLONASS network. With both systems active, a more precise positioning is secured, especially north of the polar circle.
SeaAir CA EBS Emergency Breathing System
Its capability to withstand freezing temperatures, a design that enables breathing to start under water, its unique nose clip and are all factors that combined have resulted in CAA-UK approval for SeaAir CA EBS for use in helicopter transport to and from oil rigs.
- Area of application
- Helikopter passenger
- PU-coated Nylon/Oxford 2L, FR to EASA ETSO requirements
- Yes, inherent buoyancy (zip-in) in 3mm soft foam with closed cells
- Main zipper type
- Polyurethane/plastic spiral, open
- Fit / Ergonomics
- 300 Fluor Yellow
- Reflective material
- IMO Solas
- Choice of pocket for alternative EBS-systems (SeaAir EBS or HP ERBS)
Zip-in pocket for HP ERBS (Cat B)
Zip-in pocket for SeaAir EBS/MkII (Cat A)
- Integral, in neoprene
- 3-finger gloves with watertight zip
- Lifting becket/loop
- Yes, with D-ring and carbine hook in stainless steel
- Inflation valve for buoyancy
- Manual inflation valve for extra bladder in collar
- Prepared for integration of HPL-2 with antenna bracket on suit
- Buddy line
- Yes, with floating carbine hook
- Emergency light
- IMO Solas, water activated
- Boots / socks
- Neoprene boots
- Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
- Compressed air Cat A SeaAir EBS (sold separately)
HP ERBS - Emergency Re-Breather System Cat B
Optional ERBS (rebreather) and CA EBS (compressed air)
- Thermal protection with lining/inherent insulation
- 6 hours (IMO/Solas less than 2°C watertemp)
- Service interval (standard)
- 1 year (ETSO personal suit)
- Certifications ETSO
- ETSO 2C502 (Integrated helicopter flight suit)
- Other certifications
- CAA-UK CAP 1034
NMD Regulation 02 Feb 2016 No. 90 (Self righting)
- Certifications SOLAS-suit (w/integral buoyancy)
- Solas MED/1.6b (with inherent insulation - to be worn without lifejacket)
- Type of suit
- Helicopter passenger transport suit
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.
You might also like