SeaPass Passenger Suit
Our most lightweight survival suit. SeaPass is an uninsulated IMO SOLAS immersion suit approved for 1 hour thermal protection in watertemperature below 5° Celsius. Ideal for installation onboard passenger vessels or as an additional insurance onboard in leisure craft. The suit must be used in combination with a certified lifejacket. SeaPass can be vacuum packed and takes minimal space on board. When vacuum packed by Hansen Protection, we recommend extended service interval to 10 years. The suit can be used with the wearer's own shoes either on the outside or inside the suit.
- Emergency suit on board passenger vessels and recreational vessels
- PU coated Nylon
- Requires use of additional approved lifejacket
- Integrated insulated hood in neoprene
- Front zipper with waterproof gusset underneath
- Attached 5-finger gloves
- Adjustable ankle straps
- Allows for use of shoes both inside as well as on the outside
- Approved reflective tape
- Approved in accordance with SOLAS' LSA Code MED/1.5a as an uninsulated immersion suit, designed to be used with lifejacket.
- 1 hour thermal protection in water temperature less than 5 degrees Celsius
- The suit with compatible lifejacket is approved as substitute to thermal lifejackets according to Norwegian Maritime Directorate’s (NMD’s) regulations
- Tested to NMD's requirements in “Guidelines for passenger suits for Norwegian passenger vessels”
- Vacuum packing for extended service interval to 10 years
- 1 hour thermal protection
- Extremely light weight and easy to store
- Eliminates cold shock
- Polar Code compliant
- Type of suit
- Evacuation/emergency suit
- Area of application
- Passenger vessel
- PU-coated nylon
- Main zipper type
- Soft non-waterproof zipper, with wide gusset underneath for sealing
- 290 Orange
- Reflective material
- IMO Solas
- Integral, in suit material
- Fixed 5-finger latex
- Boots / socks
Socks with room for the wearer's own shoes (can be used on the outside)
- Yes, IMO with IMO lifejacket
- Thermal protection without lining/inherent insulation
- 1 hour (IMO/Solas less than 5°C watertemp)
- Service interval (standard)
- 3 year
- Service Interval (in HP-vakuum)
- 10 year - manufacturer's recommendation
- Service interval (HP-vacuum)
- Note: Some flag states may have specific regulations with regards to service
- Certifications SOLAS suit (w/o integral buoyancy)
- Solas MED/1.5a (without inherent insulation)
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.
You might also like