AIS MOB Device Ocean Signal MOB1
The world’s smallest AIS MOB device with integrated DSC – the rescueME MOB1. The MOB1 is compatible with both inflatable lifejackets and suits. The MOB1 may be installed within the lifejacket and may then activate automatically on inflation. Installed on suit the beacon will have to be activated manually. After activation the unit will send the first alert within 15 seconds.
The MOB1 communicates with the vessel you have been separated from and other vessels in the vicinity (up to 5 miles or 8 km range dependent on conditions).
In an emergency rescueME MOB1 provides 2 methods of rapidly communicating your position, accurate to a few metres, back to the vessel, plus providing visual indication via its built in strobe light. The best chance of rapid rescue if you fall overboard comes from your own vessel. Your crew needs to be immediately aware of the incident and keep track of your position whilst recovery is carried out. Even in the most moderate of seas it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost. Once activated your MOB1 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity.
The integrated GPS ensures precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting. An additional feature of the MOB1, is its ability to activate the DSC alarm on your vessels VHF, alerting your crew to the situation. Compatibility: Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is however, especially if you are using older equipment, recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer.
- Positioning data for AIS from US GPS-network of satellites
- AIS-alert via VHF 161,975/162,025 MHz to vessels and installations (all with GMDSS-units) every minute
- Individual AIS-ID
- Transmission power output: AIS 1.0W EIRP
- Transmission power: DSC 0,5W on frequency 156.525MHz
- Messages: Individual Distress Relay Distress Alert (by single call made on press of the activation button)
- Operating time: >12 hours
- Designed for automatic activation in lifejacket or on submersion when fitted to an immersion suit
You might also like