The throwline bag works in conjunction with the strong and durable PP rope so that it can be thrown to someone in trouble in the water and used to help pull the casualty to safety, as long as said casualty is conscious and able to assist. This can be achieved via the high breaking strain of the rope coupled with the stainless steel D-ring and the anchor point inside the bottom of the bag. Our Throw Bags are incredibly useful for swift water rescue situations. You can throw them into the water ahead of a moving casualty so they can use it to avoid moving further downstream. For speedy access, our Throw Bags are often attached to a rescuer’s personal protective equipment.
Manufactured from ultra durable rip-stop Cordura® with nylon interior, the throw bags are designed specifically for the water rescue sector. The bag has high visibility reflective bands and a mesh draining base so that it can drain and dry quickly after the bags been in the water. The bag also supports a quick-clip clean line attachment point and has a drawstring neck open and closure.
The 8mm thick line is highly reflective and can be removed from the bag and used on its own. The yellow polypropylene (PP) cored rope floats in water. The reflective floating safety line is made from a continuous stranded polypropylene core. This provides the flotation element of the rope while the braided nylon sheath that is jacketed around this core adds the strength and wear-resistance. The braided nylon jacket also adds strength and protection. The reflective element comes from the silver thread integrated into the construction. The Reflective Line in our Throw Bags is available with 20, 25 and 30 metre rope lengths. It's really useful, especially at night and in poor visibility.
The fact that our Throw Bags are easy to throw as well as being quick and easy to repack means that they're very popular. Added to this, our customers love their compact design and that they're robust and reliable. The Throw Bags with Reflective Line is supplied with a Throw Bag Guide Belt.
Weight: 20m - 1.216kg
Our SRE Throw Bags with Reflective Line conform to the standards for Health and Safety that are stated in Annex II of the PPE Directive 89/686/EEC.
- Rope thickness: 8mm
- Rope length: 20m, 25m, 30m
- Rope colour: yellow polypropylene cored rope with reflective silver thread
- Rope construction: polypropylene (PP) core with a braided nylon sheath
- Bag construction: ultra durable rip-stop Cordura® with nylon interior
- Floats in water
- Rope can be removed and used on its own
- Compact design
- Braided sheath over the main core for protection
- Drawstring neck opening bag with mesh draining base & high-vis reflective bands
- Quick-clip clean line attachment point
- Supplied with throw bag guide belt
- Weight: 20m - 1.216kg
- Conforms to the H&S requirements stated in Annex II of the PPE Directive 89/686/EEC